Monday, August 9, 2010

SIGH.... Goddammit!

Well - I made a diaper changing kit for a good friend who is having her baby very very soon.  I made the lovely changing pad - Nice and soft with terry cloth.  Nice and big to protect delicate fannies from disgusting changing tables!  The case is designed to carry the changing pad and some diapers and wipes and cream, etc.  Parts of it I liked.  I liked the fabric choices I made.  The main body of the case turned out pretty well. 

The ribbon part was a little, well, let's just say sloppy. 



But what fucking killed me was how I didn't notice how crooked the inside part was until I was completely finished with it.  I even sewed it not one  but TWO FUCKING TIMES - and I didn't notice how it was completely out of whack until after removing it and then resewing it
grrrr,  goddammit!
I suppose this means that I should actually measure the fabric instead of just eyeballing it.  I did use a ruler and a grid though when I cut the fabric.  Ugh.  Whatever.  So annoying.  It looks like a drunk person cut it - and no -  I'm not that "Mad Men" to drink in the afternoon while the kids are napping... 

No comments:

Post a Comment