Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Fucking Dress...

So I was over at MADE. I like that blog - and I wish that I was a patient as good ole Dana. She posted a tutorial about how to make a dress for your kid from a man's t-shirt. I thought it looked easy and fun.
I have no fucking patience and I HATE to iron. I have no business sewing ANYTHING, let alone a dress and without a pattern no less.

Well, here is her version of the t-shirt dress.

Here is mine...  The model is pretty cute - but she pretty much HATED the dress.  And yes, it hangs that crooked in real life.

and here are the brutal close ups to show what a shitty job I did.  They pretty much speak for themselves.

The good news is that I now will be trying to sew fun appliques onto plain ass walmart t-shirts for my kids. I think that may turn out better than this misadventure. I hate to tell you, but I learned so much from doing this, that I may have to try again.... I bet that now you feel a whole lot better about any craft project you have ever done. I read through the directions - but then I was trying to conserve printer paper, and just went by how I remembered them.  Plus, I NEVER iron my stuff - which may be why most of it turns out like shit.  Just be happy I've never made a dress for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment