Thursday, June 3, 2010

Oh, For the Love...

There are so very many oval stickers around here. Stuck on minivans... stuck on Tahoes... alongside monograms and family stick figures.
The monograms don't bother me...
The family stick figures don't bother me...

The oval stickers bother me. There is something about them that is so clubby, like if you have to ask what HH means, then clearly you are not in the loop of suburban cool. I guess that the origin was in Europe to tell what country your car was registered in... And then people got it to celebrate where they were from... Then jam band fans innocently adopted it... Now people plaster their cars with obtuse initials to celebrate where they have visited. I decided that we should make our own little obtuse set of initials to put on my car. Do you think that anyone will ask me where it's from?














I didn't make it - I just ordered it. That's why it looks "right."

No comments:

Post a Comment